Networking and Membership
Bihar Voluntary Health Association is the largest health network in Bihar. The main objective of networking is to provide synergic strength to the network of CSOs working in the health and related sectors to act as a united pressure group for proper implementation of health programs and policies as well as to bring positive changes at the local, district, regional and state level. In Bihar, there are nine divisions and hence BVHA has 9 regional forums for decentralizing the BVHA’s activities and respond more to the regional needs while focusing on major health issues of state.
BVHA is also part of various networks and alliances, and it acts as secretariat of some of such alliances.
- Voluntary Health Association of India (VHAI), New Delhi
- Voluntary Action Network of India (VANI), New Delhi
- Credibility Alliance, New Delhi
- Member of Girls not Bride Alliance
- Member of More than Bride Alliance
- Member of Jan Swasthya Abhiyan (People’s Health Movements)
- Member of Sanjha Prayas Network run by Oxfam India Trust
- Secretariat-cum-member of Health Watch Forum, Bihar
- Secretariat-cum-member of Wada Na Todo Abhiyan, Bihar
- Secretariat-cum-member of Alliance for Immunization and Health (AiH), Bihar
- Secretariat-cum-member of Gender Alliance, Bihar
- Member of CCHT (Coalition against Child and Human Trafficking)
BVHA is a National Governing Board member of SRHR Alliance India as well as secretariat of SRHR Alliance India. It is also member of various government constituted committees at the state and district levels.