The project aims to improve the availability and accessibility of arsenic-free safe drinking water for 5000 families/households (Direct Beneficiaries), as well as strengthen PRI members, women’s self-help groups, village youth groups, and other stakeholders to take safe potable water initiatives and put the issue on the Gram Sabha agenda. Also, through evidence-based advocacy, concerned departments such as the government’s PHED, Education, Health, and Appropriate Authorities are being activated.
- Awareness Raising Meetings / campaigns.
- Orientation of various stakeholders on Arsenic mitigation
- School Sensitization Program:
- Water Sample Testing of community hand-pumps to measure the arsenic contamination.
- Strengthening community institutions.
- Advocate for the alternative drinking water sources for those highly affected areas.
Funder: MISEREOR, Germany
Coverage Area: Chakki Block of Buxar District
Thematic Area: Arsenic free Safe Drinking Water